- The separator between the IRC nickname and the IRC server is now '%' instead of '!'. This makes things simpler (only one separator to remember). The distinction between a JID referring to a channel and a JID refering to a nickname is based on the first character (# or & by default, but this can be customized by the server with the ISUPPORT extension).
- Handle channel invitations in both directions.
- Add support for
JID escaping <http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0106.html>.
- Save all channel messages into the database, with an ad-hoc option to disable this feature.
- When joining a room, biboumi sends an history of the most recents messages found in the database.
- Channel history can be retrieved using Message Archive Management.
- Result Set Management can be used to request only parts of the IRC channel list.